Earthmoving & Excavations in Swindon | Earthmoving Services
Earthmoving & Excavation Services Including Soakaways, Site Clearance and More in Swindon
As you would have guessed, our services are geared around providing excavation and earthmoving services on all sizes of sites, small or large any excavation we are happy to help.
We offer the following:
- Footings and foundations excavated including raft excavations - we are happy to assist with pouring concrete footings, helping to build new extension floors up to damp proof course with scalpings, sand, insulation and concrete floor screed as required by building regulations.
- Patio bases
- Driveway bases
- Excavation of ponds
- Drainage excavations
- Oversite reduction
- Breaking up and the excavation/removal of tarmac and concrete
- Stream excavations
- Drainage ditch excavations
- Clearance/removal of stockpiles of earth and concrete
- Trial hole excavations
- Percolation test excavations
- Soakaway and water tank excavations
- Basement excavations
- Excavation of steps and other features
"Earthmoving Services fulfilled a number of roles for our house extension - digging foundations (skilfully avoiding previously unknown main services pipes), a neat and narrow .7 metre deep trench to run electrical services to an outbuilding, and mulching the trees and garden waste uprooted by the building work.All services were completed quickly, cleanly and efficiently - and Steve couldn't have been more helpful with his extensive knowledge of Groundwork, drainage systems and horticulture.If doing this kind of project again Earthmoving Services will be the first people I call, and I'll be confidently recommending them to others. A true 5 star service." - Mr. J. Donald
Below is a short clip of Earthmoving Services digging out a footpath in a field. When excavating for roadways, tracks, paths, patios and driveways Earthmoving Services always endeavour to be as accurate as possible when digging to minimise the amount of earth needing to be removed and the amount of hardcore required to complete the sub-base structure. Having unifrom level ground to place the hardcore on as shown in the video helps to ensure the stability and intergrity of the sub-base and as such the finished surface e,g, paving slabs, tarmac because the sub-base has unifrom strength due to the consistent depth of the hardcore.
Our larger excavators can be equipped with pallet forks to allow them to be used as forklift to move materials around a site, this is especially helpful:
- on smaller sites where there is limited space to use a forklift or telehandler
- On sites where there are undulations or soft ground
- on sites where damage to the ground by wheeled vehicles need to minimised
- When there are sporadic material handling requirements thereby making it inefficient to have a forklift or telehandler on site
Below is a short clip showing a pallet of fragile natural stone paving slabs being picked up by an excavator to allow them to be moved to the other end of the site thus eradicating manual handling, saving time and labour.
If you are based in Swindon and what you require is not listed here, or anywhere else on the website, please feel free to contact us, we would be happy to discuss your task and offer as much help as possible.