Soakaways Installation in Swindon | Earthmoving Services
Effective and high standard soakaways installations from Earthmoving Services of Swindon.
We offer professional and reliable soakaways installation to commercial and domestic customers across Swindon and the surrounding areas.
Comprehensive and professional service throughout
By using one of our 0.75 - 6 ton excavators, we will dig out the soakaway hole to the size that you require and we can let you complete the rest of the installation if that's something that you've previously arranged, however we do install the complete soakaway system which could be comprised of a suitable granular fill material or the more modern hollow crates, according to your individual requirements.
Installing a complete soakaway for your property's surface water drainage with Earthmoving Services, in Swindon
Soakaways are generally a necessity when it comes to draining the surface water from your property efficiently and effectively. Normally, soakaways are simple arrangements which implies digging a hole in the ground and filling it with hard core and gravel, however, because this system can become problematic, nowadays the modular attenuation cells system is used, where:
- The required size of the soakaway will need to be specified in advance by using a certain formula.
- After the size of the ground hole and the position of the soakaway will be decided, we will then dig a trench from your house for the drain pipe to run in.
- Once we will dug the soakaway hole, a 100mm layer of gravel blinding will be laid over the base.
- We will then lay out the permeable fabric used to wrap the interlocked cells. This will stop the gravel particles and fine soil to get into the soakaway.
- We will work the fabric around the inlet pipe to make sure that there aren’t any gaps.
- The sides will be backfilled with gravel and tamped down well.
- If you notice that the ground will settle over the next few week, just make it up with good quality topsoil and leave the grass to grow back through.
For the efficient drainage of your surface water and avoiding any potential flood issues, we highly recommend installing a soakaway system at your property.
So if you are looking for professional and knowledgeable soakaway installation services in Swindon, look no further than Earthmoving Services. Get in touch with us today on 01793 848 708 or 07967 341 567 and we will be happy to discuss your requirements and schedule in a property visit at your convenience.